|Baby corn pepper fry|
Baby corn is low in fat, high in potassium and folic acid. Baby corn is an excellent source of B vitamins, which contributes to digestion. Baby corn is exceedingly popular in Asian cuisine and it can be found in stir fried dishes with other vegetables. [ Courtesy: awesomecuisine.com ]
When we go to restaurant with family, if we are ordering a veg starter, then me and my sister's first choice would be the one with baby corn. When I visited my mom's home, she wanted to make fried rice for lunch and I thought of trying out this simple baby corn recipe "Baby corn pepper fry". When I started, I didn't know the recipe would be this simple and quick to make. It definitely tasted great with fried rice. Try out this recipe at your kitchen and share your feedback in the comments section below.
Ingredients (serves for 2)
Baby corn - 8-10
onion (big size) - 1
oil - 3 tsp
garlic - 3 pods
tomato ketchup - 1.5 tsp
chili powder - 1 tsp
pepper powder - 1 tsp
salt - as needed
- clean and cut the baby corn lengthwise. You can also cut in rounds.
- pressure cook the baby corn pieces in little water and salt for two whistles.
- chop onion and garlic
- heat oil in a vessel and add chopped garlic
- saute it for a minute and then add chopped onion
- fry till the onion becomes transparent
- add tomato ketchup, chili powder
- mix and then add cooked baby corn and pepper powder
- toss for 2 mins and switch off the flame
- serve hot as side dish for any rice. Best when served with fried rice.
Please like to get regular updates of my posts in facebook: