|Rava onion dosa|
Ingredients (makes around 10 dosa)
sooji / rava / semolina - 1/2 cup (1 cup size = 240 ml)
rice flour - 1/2 cup
maida - 1/4 cup
pepper - 1 teaspoon
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
green chili - 2 nos
ginger - 1 inch piece
onion (medium size) - 1
salt - as needed
oil - as needed
curry leaves - 2 sprigs
coriander leaves (chopped) - 3 tablespoon
- fine chop ginger, green chilli, curry leaves, coriander leaves and onion
- mix rava, rice flour and maida together
- add chopped ginger, green chili, pepper, cumin seeds, curry leaves and coriander leaves
- add water, salt and mix well without any lumps. The batter has to be very thin of running consistency. Then only the dosa will be thin, crispy and it will get pores.
- add chopped onion and mix well. You can either cook the onions till transparent and add it to the batter or you can add the raw onions directly.
- If you leave the batter for sometime, then the flours will get sedimented at the bottom, so mix well everytime before you pour the batter on the dosa pan
- heat a pan, keep in medium flame and pour the batter slowly starting from the outer and fill towards the center. Just pour the batter from the laddle (like drizzling) , don't smoothen out using laddle. If you smoothen it out, you won't get pores and the dosa will become thicker.
- drizzle some oil and cook in medium flame till the bottom side of dosa becomes golden brown in color.
- As we are cooking in medium flame, you don't have to flip the dosa. As we are making thinner dosa with pores, the top layer will also get cooked. But it takes some time.
- Ensure both sides are cooked and bottom side becomes golden brown in color before taking it out.
- Serve hot with chutney and sambhar of your choice.