Ingredients (makes around 24 cookies):
unsalted butter (room temperature) - 1 1/2 cup (1 cup size = 240 ml)
all-purpose flour - 3 1/2 cups
granulated sugar - 1 cup sugar plus extra for sprinkling
vanilla extract - 1 tsp
salt - 1/4 tsp
- Mix together granulated sugar and butter until they are combined and becomes creamy
- add vanilla extract and mix well
- in another bowl, sift together all-purpose flour and salt
- add the flour to the butter + sugar mixture
- mix together to form a soft dough
- You can roll this dough on a parchment paper and make it as a log and refrigerate it for an hour. After an hour, slice the log into thin pieces and bake it. Or you can flatten the soft dough and cover it in plastic wrap. refrigerate for an hour. After an hour, roll the dough 1/2 inch thick and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutter
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F .
- Place the cookies in an ungreased baking sheet or parchment paper, sprinkle some sugar on top and bake it for 10 - 12 mins until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool it down completely to get crispier cookies.