Got overripe bananas at home and not feeling like eating it? Then you have an excellent option to make a perfect banana bread. This banana bread recipe will never go wrong and its will be a massive hit at your home. It smells great too. Lets make this easy banana bread at home and surprise your kids during snack time. This banana bread tastes much better the next day.
This easy to make banana bread recipe makes out moist and delicious bread because of the addition of buttermilk. If you want to make it nut free, then don't add walnut or pecans and you can try adding chocolate chips for a variation. It also makes the bread richer and tastier.
Ingredients (makes 1 loaf of size 9 x 5 inches)
Banana - 4 (medium size) (when mashed yields around 1 1/2 cups )
all purpose flour (maida) - 1 3/4 cups [ 1 cup size = 240 ml ]
baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
baking soda - 1/2 tsp
salt - 1/4 tsp
cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
nutmeg powder - 1/4 tsp
eggs - 2
vanilla extract - 1 tsp
butter - 1/2 cup
sugar (white ) - 1/2 cup
brown sugar - 1/2 cup
walnuts / pecans- 1 cup (chopped)
buttermilk - 1/4 cup
- Mash the banana and keep it aside
- mix together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon power and nutmeg powder in a bowl.
- in another bowl, whisk butter, sugar (white) and brown sugar until it becomes creamy in texture
- add eggs, vanilla extract and butter milk to it and mix well
- stir in mashed banana and finally add chopped walnuts. Mix well
- now add flour mixture and mix well
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees celsius.
- line in the parchment paper in a loaf pan and apply some butter over it.
- pour the batter and bake it for an hour until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the bread.
- let it cool down for 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool it down completely
- slice into pieces and serve as tea time snack.
- it tastes much better the next day :)
Please like to get regular updates of my posts in facebook: